Optimisation of product movement between storage areas
Taking the right product to the right place using the right devices, without overloading the halls
Speed up transit
As soon as a product comes out of a line, Fluxx directly sends the urgent products to the next line. Good synchronisation helps reduce intermediate storage requirements and the time required between two transformations.
Optimising the itinerary
In most steel plants there are several devices for transferring a product between two yards : using transfer cars, wagons, lorries etc.
- A transfer car has limited capacity and adds jobs for the cranes.
- A railway line is slower but has greater transfer capacity.
- Pallets and lorries are faster with a reduced capacity.
The choice depends on the urgency of transfer and availability of resources.
Fluxx chooses itineraries in real time, reducing their cost.
Fluxx guides the traction devices (locomotives, tractors etc.) to optimise movements of wagons, trailers and pallets.
Your transfers are more effective on an everyday basis.
Make movements more fluid to prevent saturation
Stock levels in front of and behind lines are very often reduced. Waiting products are stored in intermediate halls.
Fluxx optimises transit to bring together programmed products and remove products when they come off line and thus reduce saturation.
Introducing Fluxx onto your plant will very quickly pay for itself :
- Reduced logistical costs : Fluxx chooses the optimum method.
- Reduced working capital needs : accelerating product transfer reduces safety stock requirements.
- Fewer line stoppages because of non-availability of scheduled products or blocked line exits.
- Faster delivery to clients because of optimised logistical chain.
- Integration of logistical chain: on arrival at a quay, the products are already known. Faster, less work, fewer errors.