Mathematics for production!
A case of real time optimization of batches.
One of our customers, active in the food industry, asked us for a solution to optimize its batch production process in order to :
- Guarantee the composition of the semi-finished product: constant consistency, physico-chemical characteristics and stable taste
- Minimize the cost of the formulation by making the best use of the available raw materials
Synthetis realized for this project :
- The mathematical optimization of the formulas taking into account multiple constraints: availability, price, physico-chemical composition, batch size… (use of Simplex and MIPS algorithms)
- The automation of the creation of master formulations.
- Automatic integration of reworks according to the stock
In the end, rapid benefits including
- Substantial reduction of the cost price
- Much less rework generated
- Increased packaging performance due to better product stability
- Time saving for production preparation